May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (25)

TrisIzzie Waiting on Wednesday (25)
October 11, 2011
EgmontUSA

From Goodreads:
A modern retelling of the German legend “Tristan and Isolde”, “Tris and Izzie”, is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until– she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.

Light, contemporary romantic fantasy for teens.

Why I’m Excited:
I have never read the German legend of Tristan and Isolde but it sounds fascinating! This sounds like a great romance!

share save 171 16 Waiting on Wednesday (25)
  1. Karis Jacobstein says:
  2. Two Readers Reviews says:

The cover is so amazingly gorgeous! I really can't wait for this one either!

3. DJ's Life in Fiction says:

Not only is the cover amazing, but it sounds like a great read too. At first I thought it was going to be a "dark", dramatic story, but it sounds more like a funny, light-hearted one. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

4. Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) says:

Oh beautiful cover! Tis is for sure one that would draw me in!

Here is my pick this week.

5. Bookish Brunette says:

I've been waiting for this one for months!! Great choice!

6. I Read Banned Books says:

I have this and need to read it! The cover is amazing in real life too!

Jen

7. Tristan and Isolde is not a very well-known fairy tale (I myself had never heard of it until I saw a children's cartoon version listed on Netflix), so I'm glad that it's being re-told!

Emily @ As These Pages Fly

8. jullan says:

the original story Tristan and isolde, is a very good book! The movie is also really moving, i recommend it

9. jullan says:

oh and btw i saw the u like romantic books, well i just finished a book called "Noughts and Crosses" and it is one of the best books I have ever read and I recommend it at the highest.

10. Safari Poet says:

I had this on my WOW a while ago. It sounds really good and the cover is gorgeous with all the fall leaves. Great pick!

My WOW

11. I love modern re-tellings this one sounds great.
    Sally.

12. This was my WOW pick too! :)

Taming the Bookshelf