Aug 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (38)

Fever Waiting on Wednesday (38)
February 21, 2012
Simon & Schuster

Synopsis:
Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago – surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous – and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion…by any means necessary.

In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price – now that she has more to lose than ever.

Why I’m Excited:
I am so freaking excited for WITHER’s sequel, FEVER. I loved WITHER so FEVER is high on the list of books that I’m pining for!! Can’t wait to see what is in store for Gabriel and Rhine. Also, that cover is stunning!!

IBBook sig Waiting on Wednesday (38)
share save 171 16 Waiting on Wednesday (38)
  1. The first book in this series (Wither) has been recommended to me, but I've yet to read it. But I'm excited and looking forward to the sequel anyway! Nice pick. :)

My WoW :)

2. I loved Wither! I can't wait to read Fever. Great pick!

3. CANNOT WAIT!!!! So excited for this one too Bailey, I just adored Wither and need to know what happens after that ending:)

4. I really need to read the first book in this series! I have heard great things about it!

check out my waiting on Wednesday!

5. Laurel-Rain Snow says:

I've been noticing this one…what a captivating cover and synopsis! Hope you enjoy it.

Here's MY WOW POST

6. YES!!! OH.EM.GEE, YES! I'm DYING to read Fever.

7. Megan Swicegood says:

Wither was such a great book, I"m looking forward to reading this one too.

Megan @Read It, See It

I'm DYING to read Fever as well. I don't like the color combos on this one as much as the first, but I have to find out what happens next!!

My WoW

9. Everyone talks about Wither, but I still haven't gotten a chance to read it. I really want to, though! Great pick. :)

My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

10. I haven't started this series yet, what with my mountainous TBR, but the book looks tempting…

11. I loved Wither so can't wait for this one! Sounds like it's gonna be a fab sequel. Great pick :) .

12. I agree! I can't wait for this one! I think it'll be better than Wither ;)

13. Awesome pick! I can't wait for it either. New to your blog :) Hope you get a chance to stop by mine.

14. Kailia Sage says:

Great choice! I love this cover; not as much as Wither's but I love it still!

15. Shannon@BooksDevoured says:

YES! I loved Wither too!! I am loving the covers on both of them too! I can not wait to get my hands on this one either!

16. Traci @ The Reading Geek says:

Great choice! I can't wait for Fever, I loved Wither and I can't wait to see what will happen next. I also really like the cover for this one.

17. Same here! Wither was one of my favorite debuts so far in 2011 so I can't wait for Fever.

18. Mimi Valentine says:

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVED Wither (it was one of my favourite reads of the year!) and I just can't wait until I can get my hands on a copy of Fever! :)

Both of the covers for this series are gorgeous!

Awesome picks for your WOW, Bailey! Thanks so much for stopping by!

19. This was my WoW pick last week! I am so excited to read Fever! I love Gabriel and hoping that this one has a lot more of him in it!

20. Justin941 says:

I've yet to read Wither. I really need to get around to it before the sequel is released. ^_^

New follower by the way. :)

21. Alison Can Read says:

I'm really looking forward to this too. I hope we get to see some of Linden too.

22. I am so, so, so excited for this too!!! Wither was AMAZING. I mean, the writing itself would justify me buying the sequel, even if the story sucked (WHICH IT DOENSN'T), because Lauren has a beautiful way with words. The story was brilliant. Can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

23. I haven't read Wither but I've heard great things about it. If the cover is any indication, this should be great as well!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

24. Midnight Bloom says:

I loved Wither, so I'm definitely eager to read Fever as well! It looks like Rhine has some more tough times to overcome…

25. A Canadian Girl says:

Despite all the rave reviews for Wither, I still haven't read it. I'll have to try and get around to doing so soon. I love the covers of both Wither and Fever.

26. I haven't read Wither!! I think I would like it but haven't had enough time :s

Great pick!

27. Hi, there. I'm finally returning the visit. Sorry it took me so long. It's not been the greatest few days.

I totally agree with this one! I am dying to read it and am definitely hoping to have the chance to read an ARC of it. In any case, it's going to be a long wait. Great choice!