Aug 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (39)

Pandemonium Waiting on Wednesday (39)
March 6, 2012
HarperTeen

Synopsis:
Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.

Why I’m Excited:
DELIRIUM was one of my favorite dystopian novels from this year so I cannot wait for PANDEMONIUM!

IBBook sig Waiting on Wednesday (39)
share save 171 16 Waiting on Wednesday (39)
  1. I loved Delirium so much! I can't wait for Pandemonium. Great pick!

2. Books4Juliet says:

Delirium is one of my top favorites and I'm so excited for Pandemonium too! I'm just not happy for the change of art cover…

xoxo, april

3. Jen @ A Reader's Journey says:

Awesome pick!

Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

4. Carrie at In the Hammock Blog says:

i still need to read her last book!

5. Oh yes, I am most definitely waiting on this one. Especially after that ending in Delirium!!

6. I really need to read the first book in this series!!!
    This book looks amazing as well :)

Check out my waiting on Wednesday!

7. Fantastic pick! I'm dying for this one myself! :D

8. I need this book immediately Bailey, I have to know what happens after that ending! *dies*

9. After the ending of Delirium, I am dying to read Pandemonium! (Ack, now I'm remembering it all over again!)

10. I loved Delirium so much and just got it for my sister. She's reading it now and loving it! I cant wait for Pandemonium. My WoW

11. GAH! I have to read Delirium, hopefully before this one comes out.

12. Mel (He Followed Me Home) says:

Yes, I so need to find out what happens to Alex!

13. Great Pick! I am anxiously awaiting Pandemonium!

I still have to get myself a copy of Delirium, but I love the sound of both books. Great pick, Bailey!

15. Book Sake says:

A lot of people are gonna be dying to read this one. Great pick!

Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

I know!! I cannot WAIT for this book! *Squeeeee*

My WoW Post

17. I'm definitely with you on this one! I CANNOT wait for it!

18. Loved Delirium! And that ending, wow – can't wait for Pandemonium! Great pick :) .

19. Pretty but odd cover…can't wait to read it! Great pick.
    Mary @ BookSwarm

20. Sarah @ Y.A. Love says:

I still need to read Delirium… I better make sure I do before March :)

My WoW

21. Omg, this is definitely a freaking brilliant pick!! I'm planning on doing this one for next week's (I'm in the middle of Delirium right now). Awesome pick!

My WoW :)

22. Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com says:

OOoooooooooo awesome choice. And I love your blog. It's so cute, fresh, and different.

Bravo!