Dark Days Author Interview: Kiersten White
1. MIND GAMES has a much darker feel to it than your Paranormalcy series, but in a good way! What made you want to take a different route in your writing?
MIND GAMES is most definitely way different than the Paranormalcy series! I kinda loved the darker tone!
2. MIND GAMES is told from two sister’s point of views. Which sister’s perspective did you prefer to write from more: Fia or Annie?
I must say that I getting into each of their heads depending on the situation, but Fia was my favorite. Her honesty is pretty awesome.
3. What is your favorite line you wrote from MIND GAMES?
I must say that that line is pure perfection. It really draws you in! I love how she’s so upfront about it, like it’s no big deal that she was supposed to kill him.
4. Can you tell readers about any cute boys that may appear in MIND GAMES?
Wait. Nevermind. There are actually two cute boys. One, James, is the is-he-or-isn’t-he-a-bad-guy love interest. But he’s so adorable screwed up! The other, Adam, is just your typical sweetheart teen medical genius. Dime a dozen, those guys.
James! Swoon. That boy is so tortured and has major daddy issues. I love him.
5. Would you be okay with being used as a tool for corporate espionage like the sisters are?
Really, I think what the story comes down to is being in control of your own destiny, which is something all teenagers struggle with. Someone is always telling you what you can and can’t do, what your future should be, what choices you should make. But in the end, you’re the one who has to live with the consequences, and it’s your future you’re building. Make it your own!
I really love this answer. It’s so true!
6. Quick! The zombie apocalypse is coming you have to choose one character from MIND GAMES to help you survive. Who would it be and why?
Wait. No. I’d have to go with the girl who has perfect instincts: Fia. Unless one of her instincts was to use me as zombie bait to protect Annie.
Haha I totally LOL’d at the Darren thing. And I could so see Fia doing that! Ahh!
Thank you so much for the epic interview, Kiersten. You’re the best!
Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.
In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.
Dark Days Schedule:
Feb 8 Fragments @ Emily’s Reading Room
Feb 12 Requiem @ YA Sisterhood
Feb 14 Spellcaster @ Two Chicks on Books
Feb 19 Mind Games @ IB Book Blogging
Feb 21 Mila 2.0 @ Addicted 2 Novels
Feb 26 Fragments @ Emily’s Reading Room
Feb 28 Requiem @ YA Sisterhood
Mar 5 Spellcaster @ Two Chicks on Books
Mar 6 Mila 2.0 @ Addicted 2 Novels
Mar 7 Mind Games @ IB Book Blogging
Mar 6 Provo Library, Provo, UT 7PM
Mar 7 University Books, Seattle, WA 6:30PM
Mar 8 Barnes & Noble, Clackamas, OR 6:30PM
Mar 9 Tualatin Library, Tualatin, OR 10AM