Hello everyone, and happy Monday! Today I am so excited to host my good friend Jennifer Miller on my blog as part of Mundie Mom’s Pretty Little Lies tour. We have known each other for three years now, and I love this girl to pieces. You are going to want to read Pretty Little Lies the second it releases on June 12th. She is extremely talented, and I am positive that this book is going to go far. So without further ado, I have a top ten list from Jen about her favorite books to share. Enjoy.
10 Books that inspired me to be a reader & a writer
1. Gone with the Wind – LOVE it. Read it so many times when I was younger.
2. Sweet Valley High series – Devoured these books as a young reader. Loved reading about the dramatic life of twins Jessica and Elizabeth. I heard the author released an adult novel with them and I’ve been meaning to check them out.
3. The Twilight Series – These books got me reading again after my first child was born. I wondered what all the fuss was about and picked them up.
4. Harry Potter – I love this series so much. I can read them and watch the movies even, over and over and over.
5. The Hunger Games series – One of my favorites even though the last book made me angry. Don’t even get me started. LOL!
6. Colleen Hoover’s Slammed series made me love contemporary romance all over again. I will read anything she writes.
7. Gayle Forman’s If I Stay and Where She Went are spectacular. Two books that moved me and made me want to write for sure. I only wish I could write something so beautiful.
8. I love Jennifer Armentrout’s Covenant and Lux series‘. SO GOOD. The end of Opal KILLED ME! She is the queen of cliffhangers!
9. Cassie Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series is one of my favorites. I’ve taken days off of work to be home when her books have come out. I can’t wait for the movie this summer!
10. I have to give shout outs to my friends and their books. My friends inspire me and encourage me each day. Whether it was giving me a push I needed or answering a question, they were there for me every step of the way while I wrote Pretty Little Lies, and I know I can always count on them. They are Heidi McLaughlin and her books Forever My Girl, My Everything, Lost in You and the upcoming My Unexpected Forever. Jennifer Domenico and her Turn Towards the Sun series and new novel Beautifully Twisted. Angela Corbett and her book Eternal Starling and The Devil Drinks Coffee which is hilarious. And last but definitely not least, Mary Ting and her Crossroads series and upcoming new novel Something Great. I’m so lucky to have these great women in my life.
Awesome list, Jen. I spy a few of my favorite authors like Jennifer Armentrout, Cassie Clare, and Suzanne Collins.
About Pretty Little Lies
A little lie can change the course of everything. . .Like every other eighteen-year-old in love, Olivia has dreams of spending forever with the love of her life. Luke is all she’s ever wanted – until she overhears something she was never meant to. In a matter of seconds, Olivia’s heart is shattered. Olivia handles it the only way she knows how – she runs- leaving behind her family, friends and the boy she loves.
Seeking comfort and an escape, Olivia finds it in resident bad boy Deacon. He’s everything Luke isn’t – and that’s fine with Olivia.
Now, seven years later, Olivia is older, wiser and headed back to Chicago looking forward to a fresh start and reconnecting with her best friend Pyper. What she doesn’t expect, is to come face to face with the boy she left behind and discover that even though she may have left, her feelings for him didn’t.
Can Olivia put aside the pain in her heart and trust Luke? Will the ties to her past ever let her go, or will she continue to let her life be affected by pretty little lies?
Purchase it from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
About the Author
Author Jennifer Miller was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, but now calls Arizona home. Jennifer’s love of reading began when she was a small child, and only continued to grow as she entered adulthood. Ever since winning a writing contest at the young age of nine, when she wrote a book about a girl with a pet unicorn, she’s dreamed of writing a book of her own. Quickly learning that dreams don’t just fall into your lap, she knew she had to chase them herself and not be afraid to dream a little bigger. Most importantly, she is a wife and mother, and is very lucky to have a family that loves and supports her in all things. She also has an unhealthy addiction to handbags and chocolate covered strawberries, neither of which she cares to change. For more information about Jennifer and her books please visit www.jennifermillerwrites.com
Jennifer is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite! With this giveaway, those entering to win the Kindle paperwhite need to show proof of purchase of Jennifer’s ebook. By doing that, all you’ll need to do is enter your confirmation number in the form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway