Through the Zombie Glass Tour: Why You Should Read the White Rabbit Chronicles
Hello everyone! I am super excited to be a part of the Through the Zombie Glass book tour hosted by Kismet Book Tours. I am a HUGE fan of Gena Showalter, and her White Rabbit Chronicles books are most definitely among my favorite books I’ve ever read. For those who loved Alice in Zombieland, just wait til you get your hands on Through the Zombie Glass. I didn’t think it could get any better than Alice, but boy was I wrong. I am still trying to recover from all that happened in the book! More now please, Gena?
Anyways, as part of the tour I am here to tell readers why they must read the White Rabbit Chronicles books. There are just way too many reasons that I could babble on about for days, so I picked five of my favorite things about the series that make it so amazing.
Five Reasons Why I Think You Should Read the White Rabbit Chronicles Series
1. Alice. She’s kick ass and vulnerable at the same time, making for one of my favorite heroines to read about. She is loyal to fault and will do anything to protect her friends and family, even if it means sacrificing herself to do so. My heart broke into pieces for her in Alice in Zombieland, but she’s stronger than ever in Through the Zombie Glass and more than ready to take on whatever comes at her. Go Alice! *waves pom poms*
2. Emma, Alice’s little sister. While Emma is only alive for a super short while, her spirit still lives on to help guide Alice as she discovers more about the world of zombies and slayers. She is absolutely adorable and while it breaks my heart that she isn’t exactly alive any longer, I am glad Gena still added her to the series as a guardian to Alice.
3. Cole, Alice’s love interest. Goodness, I’m not even sure how to describe this yummy hunk of man. He’s one of my all-time favorite love interests that Gena has created, and that’s saying a lot since she has some pretty good ones. Cole is broody, dangerous, and the ultimate bad boy. Along with his rough outer image that he projects is a man who is Alice’s equal and he’s willing to do anything he can to protect her and their fellow slayers. While he can be slightly infuriating at times, it just adds to the good stuff in the book.
4. The Zombies. I have never read about or seen zombies like the ones in the White Rabbit Chronicles. They’re spirits in a way and nothing like the zombies from Zombieland or The Walking Dead. While they’re equally as terrifying, there’s quite an interesting backstory to them that makes for an even bumpier ride in the books. I NEVER want to come across Gena’s zombies. At least with the Walking Dead ones I can fight them without having the ability to be able to fight them with my spirit!
5. Kat, Alice’s best friend. Kat is my absolute favorite best friend in all the YA books that I’ve ever read. She’s absolutely hilarious and says anything that’s on her mind, no matter how crazy or far-fetched it may seem. Her on-again, off-again relationship with slayer Frosty makes me giggle and my heart wiggle. Those two are the cutest together. I also adore how Kat is always there for Alice, no matter how hard times are for her herself. Everyone needs a Kat in their life!
The characters and the zombies in the books make for one phenomenal series that I have so much love for. If you haven’t yet read Alice in Zombieland yet, get on that!
Publication Date: September 24th by HarlequinTEEN
Add it to your shelf on goodreads
Visit the White Rabbit Chronicles page for more details and some Team Badges!
Monday, September 2nd – Harlequin Paranormal Blog
Tuesday, September 3rd – Bewitched Bookworms
Wednesday, September 4th – Parajunkee
Thursday, September 5th – IB Book Blogging
Friday, September 6th – Julie Kagawa
Monday, September 9th – fiktshun
Tuesday, September 10th -Harlequin TEEN Facebook (Tab)
Wednesday, September 11th – Katie McGarry
Thursday, September 12th – Gena Showalters Website
Friday, September 13th – The Irish Banana
Monday, September 16th – Supernatural Snark
Tuesday, September 17th - Gena Showalter Facebook and Rachel Caine
Wednesday, September 18th – Reading Lark
Thursday, September 19th – Aimée Carter
Friday, September 20th – Tater’s Tall Tails
Thanks to Harlequin Teen, Gena Showalter, and Kismet Book Tours, I have a special giveaway to share. At every tour stop, readers will get the chance to win their choice of a Paperback Copy of Alice in Zombieland or a Hardcover of Through The Zombieglass. You know you want in on that! To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
BUT WAIT! There’s more. One winner will get a chance at the amazing Grand Prize with the “Look for the White Rabbit” Contest.
“Go and see a scary movie, buy your favorite scary series or movie on DVD and make these days perfect with a pizza and some coffee to calm your nerves!”
“Look for the White Rabbit Contest”: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays , the white Rabbit will appear on a different blog and stays there for 48hrs. Once you have found the Rabbit, click on it and you will be directed to a Rafflecopter entry form for the Grand Prize Giveaway! To enter, you must answer the daily question found at the Tour Stop!!!